Monday, October 12, 2009

Lifted, Stabilized, and Ready to Get Serious

I had a local fab shop (Todd Little's On Track 4X4) weld in the 4" riser blocks to lift up the trailer and make room for bigger tires. While they were welding away, I had them install the rear swing-down stabilizers. They will work fine, but I am going to have to use some blocking under them, as the trailer is now 4" higher than stock, with another inch and a half of lift from bigger tires in the plan.

Tomorrow, I'm getting all the parts staged to do the interior. I'll be cutting holes for two large sliders in the sides, a lexan port hole in the side door, and a vent fan in the ceiling. Also, I will be installing wiring for the 110v supply, battery, and charger circuit. Then comes the insulation in the walls and ceiling and panelling the roof. Finally, after all that, I can get back to my bed installation. Hopefully, I'll have a trailer ready to camp in before too long.

Stay tuned,

Gil

No comments:

Post a Comment