Thursday, October 22, 2009

Let There Be Light!

Yesterday, I had a guy come by and weld the angle braces to the vertical frame studs that I had to cut to put the window in. Once the angle braces were welded in, I was anxious to get the windows mounted today. I started off sawing out the exterior panelling. I started on the curb side, and after cutting the whole, I found that the base of the saw had scratched through the protective layer of masking tape, and slightly marred the paint. Most of the marring disappeared with a little rubbing compound, but before I cut the driver side out, I added a layer of tape on the bottom plate of the scroll saw.


The extra tape worked great! Here is the hole on the driver's side, with the tape still good shape.


After the hole was cut, I drilled 3 holes in the angle brace, then mounted the wood frame for the window to the brace with wood screws.


And after the wood frame was screwed to the angle bracket, I temporarily installed the window. I will have to install the wiring, insulation, and interior panelling before the final install of the window, but it was nice to see what the finished look will be.



With the windows and the vent in, the interior is nice and light, plus the breeze through the windows and up through the roof vent make it a lot nicer to work in. Tomorrow, I'll be putting in the wiring for the interior, so I can get started on the insulation, panelling, and the final window mount.
Stay tuned!
Gil

No comments:

Post a Comment