Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Peelin' and Stickin'

Today, I put the floor covering in the trailer. It came with a thin coat of industrial gray paint, so we (I should say "Willa") picked out some more residential looking vinyl peel n' stick. I had some reservations about peel n' stick, but my sis put them in her RV, and she said they stopped sliding around after a while, so what the heck, it was fairly easy to install, so we will check them out to see if they stabilize, or not.

Here is a photo of the stock interior before any mods:

And here it is after I installed the vinyl:

And, a little closer view of the tile pattern:

I decided to just run a bead of caulk around the edges. That will keep them easier to clean than baseboard or cove strips. Also, it preserves the full width of the floor for hauling and installing other modifications.

Tomorrow, I hope to start the install of the bed. Stay tuned!

Gil

No comments:

Post a Comment