Tuesday, February 10, 2009

We're a bit out of kilter here...

I've been procrastinating starting this blog for 5 months. I almost created a blog a few months ago, but I overheard a friend saying that it was egotistical to believe that people would be interested in the daily meanderings of common folks like us. It made me take pause.

Last night, I got a call from JD. now we all have JD to thank for whatever happens now. He motivated me to start the blog.

We spent most of the day getting the RV cleaned up and ready to move on to Phoenix tomorrow. You may ask why we would ever leave this Mecca we call Q. To be sure, it took a mighty good reason:


We are out of kilter. Our RV tends to lean to the right going down the road. It's a spring thing. Our springs are sagging after just 12 years. I figure that my body started sagging when I was about 58. Therefore, RV years are a little under 5 years to 1 human year.


The rv spring sagging problem is made worse by another syndrome. While adjusting my outgo to my lack of income, my wallet seems to get much thinner. Since I usually travel with my wallet in my right rear pocket,the thinner wallet only tends to increase the tilt on my body. I tried stuffing all our travel receipts into my wallet in order to "shim" up on the right side and thus ride a little more level. It seemed to work for a while, but it doesn't help Willa who, of course, doesn't sit on her wallet. I am finding that my posterior is getting tender from having this behemoth blob of a wallet under the right side, so I am going to pull out the receipts and file them. I will offset the lack of cash nor receipts in my wallet by having the springs in the motorhome repaired. I plan to tell the spring guy that I need the right side a little than the left, in order to offset the outgo to pay him.

We took a little time off from our travel prep to go out on the desert this afternoon and take some pictures of some of the interesting campers out in the Long Term Visitors Area. We managed to wander into an area that is, apparently clothing optional. I knew you all would love to see a picture of this area, so I took one for you. The sign says "Attention: Past this sign you may encounter nude sunbathers" Now, we did "encounter nude sunbathers" but I didn't want to bother you with a bunch of wrinkled old retired people with skin like raisins.

We came back to the rv and found that a bunch of my Jeep parts (skid plates and bumper) had arrived from Brad at Kilby Enterprises. I had to put them in storage until we get back from getting the springs fixed. Can't wait to get them bolted on.


To see more pictures of the Long Term Visitors Areas, go to my photo album at
My Picasaweb LTVA pics

No comments:

Post a Comment